I am an independent Lactation consultant covering Gloucestershire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. I offer antenatal and postnatal consultations in your own home.
Lactation consultants have an expert understanding of human lactation. They are registered practitioners with the International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC). Clinicians have the necessary expertise, knowledge and skills to support all breastfeeding. They can assist mothers and infants at any stage of breastfeeding and manage breastfeeding difficulties.
This consultation will enable expectant mothers and their partners to explore and learn more about breastfeeding. As this is a tailor-made service, couples will be welcome to discuss any concerns regarding feeding.
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Effective positioning and attachment
- How breastfeeding works
- Modes of delivery and subsequent feeding
- Expressing and safe milk storage
- Feeding patterns
Practical, individual consultations designed to optimise breastfeeding and manage difficulties. Typical problems managed:
- Ineffective attachment
- Sore/damaged nipples
- Breast reduction/enlargement
- Milk supply concerns
- Weight gain
- Breast refusal
- Tongue-tie diagnosis, referral and subsequent management
For more information or to arrange a consultation:
- Telephone: 07881 503985
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.better-breastfeeding.co.uk